Henry Ford Building of Freie Universität Berlin
The Freie Universität Berlin (“FU Berlin”) is a renowned research university located in Berlin and one of the most prominent universities in Germany. It is internationally known for its research in the humanities and social sciences, as well as in the field of natural and life sciences
The Henry Ford Building was built between 1952 and 1954 and is located at the corner of Gary and Boltzmann Streets, near the subway stop Thielplatz in the southwestern part of Berlin. It was named after Henry Ford II, who arranged the donation of 8.1 million West German marks by the U.S.-American Ford Foundation for the construction of this complex. The western wing contains the University Library including reading rooms, offices, and a book stacks tower. The eastern wing holds one big auditorium and four lecture halls – two on the ground floor and two on the second floor – with space for 226 to 350 people.
Distance from airport: 27 km, Distance from main station: 14 km, Public transportation nearby